The Greek Front of Resistance and Solidarity for Palestine
“Ghasan Kanafani” today unveiled a demonstration outside of the Exarchate of the Patriarchate of Jerusalem located in Plaka – Athens.
With this action, we wanted to unite our voices with those of our Palestinian brothers who are reacting to the concession of the property of the Patriarchate to Zionist hands and condemn the practices followed by Patriarch Theophilos III.
In the resolution read to the attendants and stashed at the entrances of the Exarchate, which was written in Greek and in English, we set the following demands:
- The immediate removal of the Patriarch of Jerusalem.
- The Immediate interruption of any Palestinian land transaction for any holding.
- Re-approaching and restoring relations between the Patriarchate and the Arab-Christian world.
- The immediate discontinuation of any collaboration of the Patriarchate with companies of the far right organization of settlers “Ateret Konahim”.
- No allegiance to extortion with the purpose of selling the Palestinian land.
- The immediate assumption of responsibility by the Greek government.
At the same time, we conducted interviews to Ert Open and Zougla.gr to get the issue further publicized. Read more here
The Palestinian Resistance and Solidarity Front “Ghassan Kanafani” will continue its action in order to inform the Greek people for all hostile acts against Palestinians who do not see the light of publicity and are being implemented by the leadership of the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate and the Greek Government.
Theophilus resign !!
Greek Front of Resistance and Solidarity for Palestine